This page cannot be displayed

vandango 11:46 30 Oct 05

Hi, i've just had to format a hard disk and reinstall windows etc.

I am now trying to connect to the internet though a Netgear router. My computer and connection still work yet the other computer will not access the router when typing in the 192.168.0.1 address. i just get this page cannot be displayed error.

it is becoming frustrating now so some advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:47 30 Oct 05

Check firewall settings?

vandango 11:52 30 Oct 05

router firewall is set to allow all LAN users

Splork 12:01 30 Oct 05

What does the other PC come back with if you do ipconfig /all at the command prompt?

CLONNEN 12:12 30 Oct 05

I have a Netgear router on my network - a working internet connection is needed to bring up the 192.168.0.1 page to login to the router. Either use an old fashioned telephone modem connection on the computer you are trying to add to the network OR login to the router from one of the other computers on the network and setup its IP address details from there so that it shows on the network.

CLONNEN 12:15 30 Oct 05

Go into your internet options and make sure "Never dial a connection" is selected and that the LAN settings say Automatic. It sounds like the page won't come up because it thinks there isn't an internet connection.

vandango 13:00 30 Oct 05

all sorted thanks. i think the computers ip wasn't within the range wanted by the router. not too sure what i did just deleted the ip restarted the comp then it worked.

thanks for your advice everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5