Page borders outside printable area of page

Dobba 18:28 15 Nov 05

My wife runs an Epson Photo 750 printer, using Windows XP Home SP2. Using Word, she is trying to print a border round an A4 sheet of paper, but the bottom line of the border fails to print and appears to be below the bottom edge of the paper and she gets a message to say that the page borders are set outside the printable area of the page. I have checked that she is using A4 paper and that the dimensions are as stated on the screen, and that the pirnter is set to use A4 paper, but still can't get her printer to print all four edges of the border. Anyone any ideas?

Eric10 18:40 15 Nov 05

This problem has cropped up before and I think that the accepted answer was to set the option for "measure from" to text rather than edge of page. Other than that, you could set a custom page size that is slightly shorter than your actual page.

Newby 15:43 11 Dec 05

I have a Photo 750 and have had it for 5 years. The printer has a large Margin at the bottom of the page. To get a border ALL THE WAY ROUND go to page set up, margins,set the margins you want, click OK, the screen will tell you if the margin is OUTSIDE THE PRINTABLE AREA, if so click fix. I tend to then click on balnce margins which balances the top and bottom. You can then put a margin all the way round INSIDE THE MARGINS YOU HAVE SET. Hope this helps.
Newby.

woodchip 15:49 11 Dec 05

Is Word set to A4

QuickHare 15:55 11 Dec 05

All printers use rollers to grip the paper and move it along under the print head or toner. As you can imagine, unless you employ a very cutting-edge, sensitive system, the rollers will always use up some of the paper, even if it is only a millimetre.

Because these rollers would go over printed areas, the chances printouts will become smudged and ruined. Some printers now have "borderless" printing, but these have to be switched on in some way to use them.

The Epson Stylus Photo 750 has a 3mm margin around the border of the paper, meaning no matter what settings you choose, you cannot print in this area. The best idea is to bring all graphics (including borders) inside the paper so that all graphics are at least 3mm from every edge. That way, no graphics will be chopped off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…