Page Border in Word Problem

SABRE 10:14 26 Feb 04

Whenever I insert a page border in word it looks ok in the 'Print Layout' view but in print preview the bottom of the border does not show and it is missing from the print. Any ideas?

scotty 10:28 26 Feb 04

Perhaps there is a minimum size of border required for your printer and you are trying to exceed the available print area?

seedie 10:46 26 Feb 04

Scotty's right. I had this problem about 15 months
ago and never solved it-not even with a different
printer. There is a non-printable area at the bottom of the page which I assume the printer uses to push the paper out. I imagine a photo printer which will print 100% may solve this.

CD

SABRE 10:48 26 Feb 04

I understand what your saying but MS would surely not make page borders available in Word knowing that 90% of printers would not be able to print them.
I am sure that there is a way round this.

Djohn 12:03 26 Feb 04

Try, File/Page setup/Layout, then click "Borders" button, options. Look to the small window that says "Measure from edge of page" and change to "Measure from edge of Text" and put your setting in there. j.

dave h 12:04 26 Feb 04

Sabre

Are you saying MS wouldn't do something because it's illogical???

I thought that was the basic operating philosophy of MS.....LOL

Eric10 12:17 26 Feb 04

We had this problem at work and ended up creating a custom page in Page Setup, the same width as A4 but a few millimeters shorter. When printed on A4 the bottom border was then OK.

Simsy 12:45 26 Feb 04

"MS would surely not make page borders available in Word knowing that 90% of printers would not be able to print them"

Lots of documents are never meant to be printed on paper, but are always destined to exist in electronic form... the concept of a "paperless office"

(which does, in such circumstances, make the concept of "paper size" redundant!)

Regards,

Simsy

SABRE 09:06 03 Mar 04

Replies helped solve the prob. overcame it by measuring border from text, not page bottom.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…