Page to big???

Jacob2122002 17:55 07 Aug 07

NetObjects Fusion 10

Hello Everyone,

I'm new at this web building stuff. I started about two days ago and have just be messing around with the program and learning all the tools for it. I ran into a problem though that I haven't figured out how to fix it yet.

Whenever I Preview the site. Theres alot of empty space on the right side of my page that I don't want. Theres nothing there either forcing it to expand.

PAGE EDIT VIEW:
click here

PAGE PREVIEW:
click here

Is there anyway I could get rid of that or if not, is there a way I could center everything?

Thank you

DieSse 22:51 07 Aug 07

I assume NOF10 produces fixed width pages (as do many wysiwyg page constructors, including the one I use.)

So you either have to accept what it does, or find the option when you get to the site building part, to centre pages (if there is one).

I wouldn't worry so much - some of the biggest and most read web sites are built this way - including the Daily Telegraph, The BBC and Sky TV.

If you post your query in the Web Design section, you may stand a better chance of finding someone who actually uses NOF10.

One problem with web sites that expand to fill evry possible screen width, is that you lose control over exactly where items appear on the page, which is a prime reason that many big sites don't work that way.

You also need to be aware of the screen resolutions that people are likely to view your site with - the commonest by far on the main site I do is 1024 x 768 - so I build my sites to suit that width.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced