padlock disapeared!!!!

dinglewolves 16:55 18 Sep 07

can anyone help me?! i was browsing the net today and i noticed that my little padlock has disapeared from the bottom of my screen!!! its not at the top by the address bar either... any ideas on where its gone and how i can get it back?!!!

Eric10 17:05 18 Sep 07

The padlock only appears when you are on a secure site (https). It's at the bottom with IE6 and the top with IE7. It will also disappear if you click YES when you get a diagolgue box asking if you want to display both secure and unsecure items on a page.

dinglewolves 17:09 18 Sep 07

i think i may have clicked that dialogue box!! how do i get it back?

Eric10 21:34 18 Sep 07

The effect is one time only so the padlock should come back next time you access a secure site. I don't know of any way to turn it off permanently.

woodchip 21:39 18 Sep 07

In Netscape the padlock is there all the time

woodchip 21:43 18 Sep 07

This is what I get if I click the Padlock while in PCA site.

[IMG]click here[/IMG]

dinglewolves 09:21 19 Sep 07

is pcadvisor a secure site? my padlock isnt on, i have been on lots of different sites i normally go onto but my padlock isnt there either. i'm not too hot on pc's so i havent a clue what netscape is, sorry!!

woodchip 11:19 19 Sep 07

netscape is another Browser, I use the 7.2 version as my main Browser as it as a mail Program. I also run Netscape 8 click here

dinglewolves 15:08 19 Sep 07

okay.... dont wanna change browser settings though, just get my padlock back!!!! x

dinglewolves 15:52 19 Sep 07

i have just been using the microsoft webpage, still no padlock, surely that should be a secure page?!

Eric10 17:46 20 Sep 07

There's no reason why Microsoft web pages should be secure. Try this bank page click here. If you don't get the padlock for that one then you definitely have a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…