packet writer

birddog 14:25 14 Nov 05

can anyone suggest a easy/good packet writer NOT Nero, it never works for me. i run xp.
regards,
birddog

alan227 14:32 14 Nov 05
  GaT7 14:46 14 Nov 05

I've always found packet writing very unreliable, so changed to creating multisession disks instead. G

€dstowe 14:53 14 Nov 05

Packet writing of any flavour (InCD or anything else) is the spawn of the davil - AVOID!!!!

Unless, of course you want to increase the scrap CD mountain.

€dstowe 14:53 14 Nov 05

or even devil!!

GaT7 15:05 14 Nov 05

There's an excellent alternative to the 'scrap CD mountain' (or coaster-making) - give them away to charity through the Forum Editor click here.

FE's recent posts about it "Psssst...... Got any old CDs?" click here & click here. G

stylehurst 17:13 14 Nov 05

Try BClip works OK for me

ade.h 17:21 14 Nov 05

I find packet writing in XP to be perfectly satisfactory and very reliable. I use TDK discs. The only disadvantage (which doesn't bother me but might be a problem for others) is that you cannot selectively delete certain files or folders from an XP-written CD-RW. I think other programs probably can do that, but I have never had any reason to use anything but the built-in XP CD writing wizard. You can still write multiple seesions without losing existing data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…