packardbell optical mouse

herc182 13:12 31 Dec 04

I bought an optical mouse from PC world (packard bell model IO-3UP).

problem is that it moves randomly at times, and when i am playing half life 2, the mouse causes the character to look at the sky and spin around continuously until i move it around again (and occasionally throw the mouse or hit it....).

does anyone know where i can get other drivers from since the ones that came with the mouse obviously arent working.

thanks

herc182 14:30 31 Dec 04

bump :-)

Starfox 17:53 31 Dec 04

With a Logitech optical cordless mouse,changed the mouse mat and guess what? cured.

Try using the mouse on a blank A4 sheet of paper to see if it makes a difference.

Dorsai 18:19 31 Dec 04

As it's a corded one, try the different surface, as suggested by Starfox. Also try a good strong 'puff' onto the sensor, just in case there is a small bit of fluff caught. I find it normally cures mine, and i can't even see what's in it, but it stops playing up, so i assume somthing was.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…