Packard Bell Store and Save 3500 500GB - £160

Air_Man 14:07 31 Dec 06

Anyone got any experience of this or similar PB devices? I am in PCW and they have it for £160 (£130 online).

I'm tempted but it seems so much cheaper than other brands?

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Thx

Technotiger 14:15 31 Dec 06

Hi, personally I prefer the Seagate 320Gb external usb HD at about £70-£80, in PCW.

Technotiger 14:20 31 Dec 06

Also seems to be a slight problem ...

click here

Legolas 14:23 31 Dec 06

PCW are doing good deals on External HDD. I got a Maxtor 350GB for 69.99 last week. The price you are quoting isnt that much cheaper than other places click here these are of a similar price and spec

Air_Man 14:53 31 Dec 06

Thanks Technotiger - I just want a stable backup so I can do without hassle like the contributor of the link you gave. I'll give it a miss.

Thanks also Legolas - I've been out of touch with backup devices and didn't realise the price wasn't actually that unusual.

I'll hold my urge-to-buy-today (which I always get when I get something in my mind) and do some proper research on the web. I always begrudge buying from PCW anyway as the customer service is always dreadful but when I want something for my PC that day, there's not a lot of choice really. There is definately room for a competitor out there - if only I had the money....

Air_Man 15:12 31 Dec 06

I have now ordered the below from Amazon for what I consider a pretty good price. Decided to go with a trusted brand/product for the backup and with Technotiger's advice on the software. Last question (promise) - when I get them, should I bother installing the software that comes with the My Book before installing True Image, or would I be better off just installing True Image?

Thanks for everyone's help today - couldn't manage without the friendly assistance from PCA forum contributors!

Western Digital My Book 500GB Essential USB2.0 External Hard Drive - £132.99

"Acronis True Image 10 Home (PC)" CD-ROM; £23.97

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now