Packard Bell start up problem

Bigarch 10:13 31 Mar 07

I have an IMEDIA1402 machine which was working OK until yesterday when switching on the start switch it is flashing yellow and the computer is not starting up. I can only switch the power off after this by unplugging the power cord.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:49 31 Mar 07

sounds like your PSU has failed.

but first try removing / refitting the memory and graphics card (if fitted).

then try to reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery for 10 minutes.

If still same then see if you can borrow anoyher PSU to plug in the motherboard and retry.

Bigarch 11:18 01 Apr 07

thanks to fruit bat for the response - I tried all you say without success - am trying to get a loan of a PSU to try that - I have tried two but they both have rectangular power connedctors to motherboards whereas the Pcakard Bell has a square four pin connector - any advice as to get round this or where I could purchase a PSU for Packard Bell Imedia 1402?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:25 01 Apr 07

click here tends to confirm the diagnosis of PSU failure.
Ought to be standard ATX connections.

Bigarch 19:01 18 Apr 07

I got a PSU tester and all the lights are showing against everything except the main power switch (20 pin) where the -5V is not lighting up.

Is the PSU faulty or if it is not are there any other ideas for sorting the problem?

Terry Brown 19:17 18 Apr 07

If you need a cheap PSU, try this click here
although I do not know if it will powerful enough for your system
Terry

hzhzhzhz 19:26 18 Apr 07

I,ve just replaced the original 250w psu from a PB 1402 which I have, with a Coolermaster 450w. I had to do a bit of bending and drilling to get it in but otherwise its ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced