Packard Bell Scanner

mike55 15:06 28 Dec 03

A friend of mine has been given a P B Diamond 1200 Plus scanner with a USB connection. I have tried it on his computer with no luck and on mine on which I run Windows 98 ME and no luck either. The error message received is "Scanner not connected".
I have tried another USB port but still the same. The help file seems to indicate that the scanner should have it's own power supply. Is this true or do you have any other ideas please.

bremner 15:11 28 Dec 03

Can't tell you if it need a power supply (if it does there will obviously be a power lead plug on the scanner).

You may want an upto date USB driver click here

Diodorus Siculus 15:12 28 Dec 03

Scanners usually do have their own power supply; either a rectangular connection such as for a radio, or a little round one like from a power transformer. See if either space is there.

bremner 15:14 28 Dec 03

This may also help click here

roygbiv 16:09 28 Dec 03

I have a (PB)Diamond 1200 USB scanner. It was (is) not easy to use (help menu or instruction manual are not that useful!!). It does NOT need power from another source.

sil_ver 17:07 28 Dec 03

This scanner takes it's power from the USB port so you may need to install a powered hub as your mobo may not be up to it. Coincidently I had to look at one this afternoon which was not being recognised but was able to get it going again by unplugging it, rebooting and plugging it in again. This was on WinXP.

mike55 22:41 28 Dec 03

A new driver did the trick.
Happy New Year

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…