packard bell scanner

marbles 11:36 25 Oct 03

My friend sold his pc but gave the scanner to me, but i cannot get it to work, i have downloaded drivers for the mustek bear paw scanner as i have been told they are the same but does not work, packard bell website only has a patch for the scanner, please help i must have downloaded every driver for scanners but no go. the scanner is a
diamond 1200 plus running windows xp,
p.s my freind say you need the original disk for the scanner but was sold with his pc, any way round this.

papa lazarous 12:13 25 Oct 03

I think the driver is located here:

click here

Trav 13:54 19 Nov 03

Hi,

I have a Packard Bell Imedia 5093 Pc running windows XP home addition which came packaged with a diamond plus 1200 scanner. To my amazement it would not work 'straight from the box' and after seraching the internet I discovered that the IMEDIA pc has a columbia motherboard, which has a chip that conflicts with the scanner chip. PC world exchnaged the scanner, no questions asked for an HP that worked a treat.

Anyway , my point is, if the drivers suggested don't work, could yours also be a case of scanner and motherboard conflict ?. The diamond plus is a re-baged mustek so I think you have the right drivers.

jordi2 15:34 19 Nov 03

In my experience Packard Bell is one of the worst hardware makers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…