Packard Bell PSU required

Giggle n' Bits 12:22 09 Jul 03

trying to obtain a new replacemnt PSU made by FSP Group its model No. is "245-60GP" which is a 245 Watt PSU.

The problem I have found is this PSU has its monitor power from the rear of the PSU and the impossible to find is it even powers the Mounted Monitor Speakers by a small 12V DC Jack which is also in the PSU rear facia.

I see FSP Group no longer have these. Does anyone know if anyone have any stock left.

Must also have 2 fans one to extract from over CPU and one to blow out air.

Personally I think they no longer exist or make a compatible option but I may be surprised. Maybe PCA Tech staff or Furm user here may have had this problem.
HELP ! me to help my damsel in distress.

-pops- 12:28 09 Jul 03

Don't interpret this as swearing but, what about asking PC World?

Most Packard Bell computers are sold through PCW so they, more than anyone, should have an old unit that they can "give" you or be able to locate something for you.

Brian

Giggle n' Bits 12:34 09 Jul 03

Will try, there not my friends but its worth a shot.

Thanks Pops !

-pops- 12:54 09 Jul 03

Are they anyone's friends??

You might have to badger them to sort through their castoffs.

Giggle n' Bits 20:26 09 Jul 03

may try another branch. I am surprised that no one else has found this PSU replacement. Is my mistress the only P.Bell owner in uk with a non replaceable PSU with the extra bits as above?.

Will close post tomorrow.

tamc98 20:46 09 Jul 03

I had a PB imedia 4800 and wanted to upgrade the mobo so that I could use faster ram, onboard lan, etc.. Checked the spec's first and found that I needed a mATX or FlexATX as it is only a small case.
Got an Epox Ep-8kmm+ and fitted it into the case only to find that the connectors for the front usb ports and power buttons/led's wouldn't plug into the board. This meant me getting a new case which in turn lead me to build a completey new system.
It seems to me that PB go out of their way to use the most obscure parts they can find just for the hell of it.
Tony.
P.S. I have an 18 month old imedia base station for sale if anyone's interested.

Giggle n' Bits 22:49 09 Jul 03

but still hope yet ?.

davidg_richmond 01:50 10 Jul 03

Packard Bell out of warranty support:
0906 752 5600 (75p per minute).

See if they can fetch you the required part. I will have a look to see if I can find any source for you.

davidg_richmond 01:52 10 Jul 03

Sales (replacement parts, Master CDs, Manuals)

· UK Customers: Telephone 08705 133332 ? Mon-Fri 09.00-21.00
(National Call rate)

The other number was normal 24 hour tech support for out-of-warranty. As you know what you need just phone the new number here, cheaper and more to the point.

hugh-265156 02:06 10 Jul 03

i have a packerd bell imedia 5051 that used the same psu.

i recently replaced it with a better one.standard atx.

plug the monitor into a normal outlet and ditch the speakers for something better.

Giggle n' Bits 09:30 10 Jul 03

Thanks all for the calls !.

Bluedart.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…