Packard Bell PC - Upgrade Help please

DW9047 22:30 19 May 05

System Info is as follows:

Packard Bell Pulsar 24, PII 233mhz, 32 mb ram, 4gb HD.

I have tried to find info out on Packard Bell website, but cannot find anything. I want to know what is the MAx this system can upgrade to?

If anyone can help it will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

Jak_1 22:36 19 May 05

Not a great deal I'm afrain, you can upgrade the RAM thought to what degree depends on the motherboard. I would hazard to a max 256 of 512MB, the HDD upgrade no problem though the os would determine what size, 98 or millenium can handle large drives. That would be about as much that is worth upgrading. Better would be to invest in a cheap and cheerful new low budget pc. Look at Microdirect click here or somewhere similar.

Jaro 22:39 19 May 05

can u be more specific? do u know what tipe of motherboard do u have? if no u can easyly find out just use some diagnostic software to do it for u. than u will be able to find out more about upgrade.

bof:) 22:47 19 May 05

Hi DW9047, somewhere on your pc tower should be the model and serial number for your pc. get them and then go to the Packard Bell website

click here

and under customer support enter the serial number for your pc.

You should then be able to get the details you need for your pc.

( I'm not sure but I think it maybe Packard bell that 'tattoo's' its hardware in their pc's. You may have difficulty upgrading yourself.)

Mike

Mike

DW9047 23:07 19 May 05

Thanks all,

Tried the Packard Bell site, put in serial number and no info came back?

I think I will Invest in new.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…