Packard Bell No visual input

cyberwaste 19:42 12 Nov 05

I have a Packard Bell IXTREME 6003 and have recently installed a ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics Card as the onboard graphics would not allow new games to play. Installation was successfull but when i went to play a game, the monitor went off and a message saying "No visual input" came up followed by "Power Saving" and there was no way of getting out of it. I then updated the cards drivers and uppdated the motherboard drivers and still i have the same problem. I can get as far as a games loading screen and on one game i actually played for 20 seconds until it happened. Thing is, it wont let me play any games now, even ones that i used to be able to play.

Computer is
AMD Athlon 2600
256MB RAM
Power Supply - 280W
80GB HDD
Windows XP Home Edition SP2

I been wondering if the power supply might not be high enough or if RAM is too low. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you very much!

phil46 21:19 12 Nov 05

Your PSU is only 280W and only 256RAM your computer is a bit on the low side for games,
Also ATI graphic cards can pull the power they aso can have problems with nvdia chipsets.

cyberwaste 21:47 12 Nov 05

I have seen a 500W Power Supply and a 256MB RAM together for £40. Should i choose to take this option? I just dont want to pay money and still have a problem at the end of it. I also updated the BIOS with the download off the Packard Bell Web Site and still no hope, only went a little bit further in the game.

cyberwaste 12:51 13 Nov 05

could anyone tell me, does most powr supplies fit in most cases? Im worried it will be too big for the HP case as what happened to my VAIO.

phil46 13:56 13 Nov 05

I would say it's a waste of money but that is only my view,my first computer was a HP Brio that computer is still going well as i upgraded as far as i could,but know you can't play games on it,it all depends on how large your wallet is.
Another way of looking at it is you can't put a formula 1 engine into a mini as with older computers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…