Packard Bell locking up

garol 11:53 07 Mar 06

I recently installed a 20GB HDD to my brothers Packard Bell Pentium 3 with ~320mb of RAM (HDD was 7GB) installed Windows XP full OEM version. After about a week the PC started locking up and the only possible way out was to switch off.
So I reformatted the HDD and tried to re-install XP however before it is installed the system locks up, anywhere between 26 mins to go and 4 mins to go time does seem to vary with amouint of time PC has been switched off before re attempting. I have tried swapping the HDDs back to the original with the same outcome.

rawprawn 12:00 07 Mar 06

Strip all the peripherals out down to bare minimum, such as printer etc, then try again

rmcqua 12:11 07 Mar 06

And give the RAM contact a thorough clean with a pencil eraser and ensure that they are seated correctly in their sockets.

garol 21:06 08 Mar 06

Tried both of these still have problem, gets stuck now while copying setup files

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…