Packard bell lap top

project 90 21:38 11 Oct 09

hi, GF just got new lap top got a packardbell
click here=

this 1 to be exact, now the lap top came loaded with sh!t on it now i was thinking would it be ok to reinstall windows with my vista disc and use her code to clear all the stuff on it?.

seems ok for a laptop and as its just goin to be used for student stuff pretty good so far, just disapointed with all the software loaded on it.

T0SH 22:03 11 Oct 09

Have you tried uninstalling the stuff she would not want or need ?

Cheers HC

project 90 23:51 11 Oct 09

doing that now but there seems to be and abundance of stuff, its not much i dnt think mainly few mb main thing was nero so just gonna leave it and if it gets too clog up with crap i format it and reinstall.

took me 4 hours to get the wireless to connect though nice and easy with vista :D

all done and dusted seems to be fine really quiet well impressed with that

lotvic 23:57 11 Oct 09

I've just 'de-crapified' a Packard Bell after doing a Factory Fresh F11 recovery install (for a relative - it had a bad case of out of date antivirus and was full of malware)
On the one I did I was able to uninstall programs not wanted by
Start> All Programs> Packard Bell Support> Smart Restore> Software tab and choose which to either uninstall or install.

I found this out by reading the manual.

Maybe the same facility is available for your model.

lotvic 00:02 12 Oct 09

my posting above was 'with sympathy' - they sure do come with a load of stuff not needed :)
But the good thing was the ease of use of F11 :D

project 90 17:40 12 Oct 09

i will give this thing you call a manual i glimpse over 1 day am sure :D as the laptop for my gf she not that bothered about half the stuff so she says just to leave it, so doing that on the other hand she now gets to give windows 7 a try.

this should be fun

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5