Packard Bell IXTREME 6092 Upgrade to Windows8

menopaws1947 18:40 07 Aug 14

Hi, I have upgraded every PC/laptop I have ever had. A fried has asked me to upgrade the above PC from XP to Windows 8. The make is unknown to me, he said with having XP he is getting more and more messages and needs to upgrade. Can anyone advise me about this make and do I just put in my Windows 8 disk, as I have with all my others or is there more I need to do

Thanks Sue

chub_tor 18:56 07 Aug 14

Have you run the Windows 8 upgrade assistant to see if the machine is suitable for Windows 8?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:59 07 Aug 14
  1. Run the upgrade advisor

2. look ok the manufacturers web site to see if you can find suitable drivers for win 8

3. if you use your DVD then you are going to need another license key to run it on the PB

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:59 07 Aug 14
  menopaws1947 19:29 07 Aug 14

Ok have just emailed that upgrade advisor to see if it will take the Windows 8. Because I have used my disk on all my comps I honestly forgot will have to buy another key grrrr Can see this might be a tad difficult lol I did read that once you upgrade a Packard Bell there are problems with the graphics card. Will see what happens with the advisor. Thanks for help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…