Packard Bell IMedia USB connection problem

Epirb406 07:56 31 Oct 08

Hi all,

I have been trying to sort out an IMedia 5055 PC for a friend. click here
It came to me with a dead Motherboard. click here On a real shoestring I have transferred over to a MB that I had lying about, a D845EPI. click here
All is working well but I am having problems connecting the front panel USB, the plug doesn't match my sockets on the board.

I therefore need the pin outs of the front usb on th IMedia 5055 case, ie what colour wire does what as I need to try and match it to the MB.

Hope someone can help and this is not too garbleded. Many Thanks. Epirb.

Epirb406 18:42 31 Oct 08

Thanks for the info friend, I asked, I went to work, my questions seem answered! wow.

Will leave till I get at it for a tick just to let you know job jobbed!

Cheers!

Epirb406 11:35 01 Nov 08

Hi all,

Great help from beta there, unfortunatly unless I am misunderstanding the drawing for the front connection pin out then the diagram doesn't represent what I have got: click here

Hope the link works, happy rainy Saturday all!

Epirb.

Epirb406 12:57 01 Nov 08

That is entirely correct!

Epirb406 13:50 01 Nov 08

Hi, more photos uploaded to 'bucket'

click here

VMT for sticking with this so far!

Epirb.

Epirb406 17:04 01 Nov 08

I must be able to make some sense of that lot somehow!

Think it will probably be a day light job and I need to source some single connector crimps so I can get this right!

Cheers for help so far, will let you know how it shakes out!

Thanks so much for time spent, I will report back.

Epirb.

Epirb406 18:20 02 Nov 08

I dread telling you this but I have given up on it!!

Problems with the on board sound held me up for yet longer and I was going to have to visit Maplins on Monday to get the connector and then crack the code from the various sources.

So I asked the question.......how much do you want front panel connections, reply? Oh not that fussed!

So, PC, happy, stable but without front usb, sitting in the porch waiting to be returned tomorrow.

So, rue the words 'oh we can just swap the motherboard, won't cost anything' and be glad to see the back of it!

Thanks for your research, we would have got it sorted in the end, I am sure.

all the best, Epirb.

Epirb406 19:02 02 Nov 08

Think it gets a tick even though we didn't make it, Cheers!

Epirb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…