Packard bell imedia 5055

johnnyd91 02:01 13 Mar 11

Hey guys Im abit of a novice with computers so any help would be much appreciated. I have a packard bell Imedia 5055 which was purchased in 2002, my floppy disk drive does not seem to work so i cannot use my recovery disk which came with the computer as i am trying to restore my computer to factory settings. I cannot seem to find any drivers or (any material for the matter) on the packard bell websites to help me. Also my computer gives you the option to create a master CD, i cannot find the 'Packard Bell Master CD creator' which is stated in the book. Which is needed for smart restore, snapysys etc. I can only conclude that viruses over the years have erased certain files?!? If anyone can shed any light on this matter it would be great!! Thanks

onthelimit 09:18 13 Mar 11

If you get stuck, and the floppy drive is all you need to enable a restore, then this click here# is an option.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:05 13 Mar 11

Look to see if create recovery is in PB tools or PC tool kit and services.

Ensure Floppy drive is enable in BIOS
check cables are fully fitted at drive and motherboard.

johnnyd91 13:07 13 Mar 11

I have an external parallel port floppy drive however this doesnt seem to work either? Otherwise buying a new usb drive might be worth a shot!

I couldnt find the PB in the tools or services and it seems as if it is enabled in the BIOS and the cables are fitted correctly.

Is there any other way that this could be fixed without the floppy?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…