Packard Bell I media 5043 Broadband modem

Stephen-204178 01:24 12 Apr 04

We have recently purchased a BT Broadband package. The computer we wished to operate the broadband on is a Packard Bell i media 5043, The Speedtouch 330 modem will not operate correctly with a constant red LED on the USB side being lit.
According to PB /PC World etc the computer is suitable. We have tried disconnecting all USB devices, have connected a seperate USB hub and the message following download of drivers from the BT CD is that there is a problem with the hardware and cannot be used.

The modem has been fitted to my Compaq notebook Evo N1020V and operates with no problems.

Can anyone advise what may be the problem? BT say its the computer, PB say the modem??

hugh-265156 01:32 12 Apr 04

i was trying to find your specs click here very bottom of page "Packard Bell Desktop & Notebook Archive" 5043 is not listed for some reason??

there should be no reason why it wouldnt work with BT.the requirements are not very high.

pc moron 01:34 12 Apr 04

I'm not familiar with USB modems but, from the threads I've seen on this forum describing a similar problem, they recommend plugging the modem directly into a USB port on the computer- not through a USB hub.

hugh-265156 01:37 12 Apr 04

ok found your specs click here

no reason that i can see why it would not have the same motherboard as me ie/ gigabyte GA 8SIML aka columbia.

there is a patch available from packard bell for the sis 650 chipset not recognising some usb devices,ill see if i can find the link for you.may help.

hugh-265156 01:44 12 Apr 04

this was the patch i was thinking of click here more stable operation of USB devices under windows XP and some agp issues.

may or may not help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…