Packard Bell factory settings - internet

cstirrat 10:45 17 Feb 10

I have reset a Packard Bell pc back to factory settings but now i'm trying to connect to the internet again and confused as to why it's not working.
I have connected the broadband modem and use Vodafone for broadband. I contacted Vodafone but they say they cannot connect me until the internet is downloaded. Any clues? I'm completely lost.
Can any good soul explain step by step what I do to get the internet working again after restoring factory settings please?
Thanks,C.

MAJ 10:56 17 Feb 10

Is this a Vodafone mobile broadband USB dongle that you're using? If so, have you reinstalled it's software?

cstirrat 11:08 17 Feb 10

Yes it is. I don't seem to have any software for it tho. How do I get hold of it?

MAJ 11:17 17 Feb 10

The software is already on the USB dongle. Here's a tutorial on how to set it up. click here

cstirrat 18:03 17 Feb 10

Grrr, sorry it's not a mobile usb dongle. It is a broadband modem. I have a mobile from Vodafone too but this is separate altogether.
Can you advise please?

woodchip 18:08 17 Feb 10

Then you should have a Disc to setup the Modem or you have to set it up Manually using the supplied User Name and Password from Vodafone

MAJ 18:09 17 Feb 10

Post the make and model number of the modem, cstirrat.

woodchip 18:09 17 Feb 10

PS you can setup using the Control Panel Networking Create New Connection Wizard. with the above info from my last post

cstirrat 18:15 17 Feb 10

I have just been advised that the hard drive has been damamged. Growl. Thank you for your help both. I'll have a play anyhow and see if I can get it to work. Not much hope there!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now