Packard Bell Executive 909 D/2 driver probs?

muddle 21:25 10 Jan 03
  muddle 21:25 10 Jan 03

I have formatted the h drive and installed a fresh (licenced) copy of Windows 98SE onto this computer, it originally had Windows 95.

Unfortunately the sound card now doesn't work. Win 98 shows a Yellow ! and says Code 24 - device drivers not available; the PC is about 6 years old I think - it belonged to a friend who has given it to her mum.

The Packard Bell website is about as much help as a chocolate teapot!!

Any idea where I can find a driver for this?

Also it has a 810mb harddrive so is coming up
with numerous errors along the lines of not enough space... I am considering installing a bigger harddrive to overcome this. I know there will probably be the 32GB limit usual on this age PC, but wander if there are any other likely conflicts? any suggestions on where I could find a BIOS uprgrade?

As always, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

muddle 11:06 11 Jan 03

thanks anyway but been to those ones! the download PB supply is win 95 and win 98 doesn't seem to get on very well with it!!

anyone else got any ideas?

I noticed from other posts that other Packard Bell owners have had responses saying PB buy in parts from recognisable manufacturers then call them something else just to confuse you!

Any suggestions on how I could trace the original manufacturer? as then I could use their website to try and get some better drivers.

muddle 11:41 11 Jan 03

resolved by going to

click here

an extremely useful website! Recommend it to any one who needs any drivers for anything! And it's free!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…