Packard Bell Easynote MZ35 laptop won't boot!

cabanon 12:50 05 Nov 08

My son's Packard Bell Easynote MZ35 V-60UK laptop, which is approaching 18 months old and just out of warranty (aaagh!), whilst in use froze and shut down a couple of weeks ago.

Now, when the power button is pressed (either with battery and/ or mains connected) the fan runs and the hard drive spins up but nothing else happens - no screen, no bios, nothing.

Since then I have tried numerous times the battery out, power adaptor diconnected and then hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds "remedy" but to no avail.

I removed the hard drive to see if it would go into bios but still nothing!

Has anyone any clues as to the diagnosis or another remedy to try before and attempt is made to take the machine completely to pieces?

cabanon 20:56 07 Nov 08

Mysteriously the laptop has come back to life and is working as if nothing was ever wrong!!

My only thought is that the machine shut itself down because it was over temperature and that the BIOS "locked" itself up in respect of it still making out it was too hot thus not booting up at all - until tonight that is, nearly 3 weeks later!

I suppose we'll have to monitor the machine to spot any early symptoms in use - who knows?

Sukris 17:34 14 Nov 08

My daughter's EasyNote MZ35-V-075-UK, also just out of warranty, is doing exactly the same thing. I'm hoping that the three week wait works for me too! Any advice would be wecomed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced