packard bell easynote e2316 hdd dead?

holly polly 14:55 15 Jan 08

I gday all my son got a laptop from his girlfiend which she said needed reinstaling followed the correct procedure changed the 1st boot device to cd etc in bios popped in the windows xp cd windows loads files then says it is unable to install windows as there is no hdd on my system,has the hdd gone or as a dealer says as it lost a sata driver so windows cannot see the hdd if so how do i go on loading one?
all help gratfully recieved.
much obliged
Hol Pol.d

holly polly 15:52 15 Jan 08

anyone?

T0SH 16:06 15 Jan 08

When XP install starts the first option offered is to press F6 this allows you to install SATA drivers usually from a floppy disk ,check the laptop makers site support section for more exact details

Cheers HC

holly polly 19:26 16 Jan 08

hi again no floppy on laptop tried using usb flash to no avail can anyone point me in the right direction for the correct driver and how to install it given that i do not ave a floppy.

cheers Hol Pol..

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:45 16 Jan 08

You need a set of sata drivers for the machine plus your XP CD and then you will have to burn them both to a CD in such a fashion that the drivers are loaded as part of the XP install routine.

It called making a slipstream disk
have a read

click here

holly polly 20:56 16 Jan 08

many thanks for the info fruit bat created an xp disc with sp2 ages ago will now create one with the sata drivers i am keeping this thread active until i let u know the results.

once again much obliged.

Hol Pol....

holly polly 17:19 17 Jan 08

made the disk goin to give it a try wish me luck.

Hol Pol....

holly polly 18:45 17 Jan 08

right nothing doin in the bios it is showing primary ide which it is not sata as disabled wot say you is the hdd cram kracked or wot.

Hol Pol..

cream. 19:09 17 Jan 08

If the bios says it sees no hard drive. Unplug the power cord and take out the battery.

Unscrew the hard drive housing and take out the hard drive, blow the connecters and reseat the drive. try again with the cover off and feel if the drive is spinning up.

cream. 19:13 17 Jan 08

PS the hard drives are just PATA, if it's the same one that came with the laptop. So no drivers needed.

holly polly 19:25 17 Jan 08

can feel summat but our lass says im dead lol screen is saying media test failure check cable code PXE-E61 then it says no bootable media in adapti cd rom.
any ideas?
Hol Pol...

ps there isnt much activity on the hdd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos