Packard Bell Easynote

JCDenton 18:16 24 Aug 07

This was the worst decision I ever made buying a PB...they really suck, its confirmed my suspicions. Every ten seconds or so my PC freezes for about a second and repeats this process ad infinitum. What can I do to correct this other than smash it to bits with a lump hammer and mail it to customer support?

Technotiger 19:26 24 Aug 07

After looking at this lot, courtesy of Google, I think your Lump Hammer idea is probably the best bet ...

click here

Taff™ 08:21 25 Aug 07

How old is the computer? If it`s still under warranty the retailer may take a look at it and then restore it to factory settings - an exercise you can do yourself, but make sure you`ve backed up your data first!

It could be that a component has failed but you`d need a technician to diagnose this for you. It could be anything. HDD, faulty or insufficient RAM, Graphics etc. It may just be a corrupt driver.

I would try the restore to factory settings option and see if the problem persists.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:35 25 Aug 07

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…