Packard Bell Diamond 1200 Plus scaner problem

sellewe 19:31 04 Jan 03
  sellewe 19:31 04 Jan 03

This scaner is working with all my programs:- Word, PhotoExpress, etc but will not work from the buttons on the scaner itself. The help file states there should be an icon on the taskbar but this is not available. If anyone has experienced this or can give any advice it would be very helpful as the Packard Bell web site is no help at all and I have had no response from their fourems My OS is Windows XP on a Hewlet Packard Pavilion.

james1` 22:14 04 Jan 03

i have the same scanner.in Win/me you need to go to programs,packard bell and click direct scan.you should get a green scanner icon in task bar. Good luck jim

woodchip 22:19 04 Jan 03

To save doing that each time if you like thing to work on Auto just right click the icon and drag to startup folder in programs and create a shortcut. It will then start every time you start your computer

sellewe 19:25 06 Jan 03

Thanks james1, But the programs /Packard Bell does not have the green scanner icon and I have tried reinstalling the program several times without success. If you can let me know how to put this icon into the programes list it would be most helpful.

woodchip 22:29 06 Jan 03

go to explorer, look for Packard Bell icon in the folders may be in Program Files. If you find the icon
you can make the Explorer window smaller so you can see the desktop right click the icon and drag to the desktop and create a shortcut you can then just drag the shortcut to start button until it opens then up to programs then right to startup folder and let go. It should then be in the system tray next time you start your computer

james1` 23:26 06 Jan 03

Just loaded software and photo express on Win/xp drive(i dont like xp,never use that drive).on the scanner if you press the largest button(scan)it does what it should for me.
Good Luck

Jim

james1` 23:35 06 Jan 03

forgot to say i havent got direct scan in xp also

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…