Packard Bell CD-RW Disks

p.r.b 15:20 09 Oct 05

Hi - I bought a pack of Disks
Packard Bell CD-RW 12x Speed 700 Mb and have had problems with some of them - am I alone?? What disks do you use. Also a disk jammed in my RW drive, I tried to free it but now need a new CD-RW drive - aaaarghhhh !!!! What combination of CD-RW drive and disks would you recommend
Cheers
Paul

AndySD 15:30 09 Oct 05

I gave up CD-RW disks long ago as they caused to many problems. I just use standard cd-r now and dont close them so I can overwrite them. They are just so cheap and the drives read them beter.

Stuartli 15:50 09 Oct 05

You don't overwrite them - you presumably mean you use multisession mode and keep adding new files, data etc until the disk is full.

I do this all the time to store programs, applications, updates, utilities etc for installation or updating of friends and families' systems.

CD-Rs have a vastly superior reflectivity level compared to CD-RW disks, which makes them much more likely to prove compatible with a wide range of drives and players.

Stuartli 15:54 09 Oct 05

A website that lists CD and DVD media manufacturers, quality of their prodcuts and which brands rebrand such media under their own names can be found at:

click here

AndySD 15:57 09 Oct 05

Yep thanks thats just what I meant.....just could not think of the term.... I am flicking on and off here whilst writing an essay, when I dry up.

p.r.b 16:06 09 Oct 05

Thanks fellas I think I've got enough to go on. I've managed to fix my drive - it seems just by restarting the computer ?? - anyway I'll go and get some CD-R disks and have another bash.
Once again thanks - Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced