packard bell

dottylotty 11:04 AM 19 Jun 11

hi i have restored my computer using the restore disc and now im stuck as i got thecongratulations your ready to go1 registration / set up packard bell page up then said click to finish and thats as far as it goes wont load up the main window just get the times icon . iv restored it again but still the same . went to safe mode but says not set up . help dont know how to get past this problem . thanks

Taff™ 11:14 AM 19 Jun 11

If you`ve restored using the disc set you burnt when the laptop is new they may be corrupt. I would try to restore to factory defaults using the hidden restore partition on the computer. Can you post back the make and model of computer and someone will post back the sequence of keys to do this at start up. Usually either F10, F11 or F12

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:15 AM 19 Jun 11

Maybe a tattoo problem - common with these machines

Boot from CD into command prompt or DOS

In DOS prompt run both of these commands: q:\drivers\tattoo /importbin:c:\tattoo.bin q:\drivers\exths /importextbin:c:\exths.bin

When this is done, reboot and boot off your recovery CD again.

Taff™ 11:15 AM 19 Jun 11

I assume you`ve already backed up your data!

Taff™ 11:17 AM 19 Jun 11

I think either method will work - what do you think Fruit Bat /\0/\?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:26 AM 19 Jun 11

If the tattoo is damaged then the restore from hidden partition may leave it in the same condition

dottylotty 11:49 AM 19 Jun 11

its IMEDIA MC 1608 packard bell x p it did restore and i used it to download i tunes and that but when the comp turned off and on again thats when it went to registration page and thats where it stuck

not sure how to do the tatoo thing

dottylotty 11:50 AM 19 Jun 11

i did boot from cd when i did a retore

dottylotty 11:58 AM 19 Jun 11

i did the tattoo thing said NO BIN FILE

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:11 PM 19 Jun 11

Does it have a floppy drive? boot with the floppy and at the c:\ prompt type

q:\drivers\tattoo /importbin:c:\tattoo.bin - press enter

then type

q:\drivers\exths /importextbin:c:\exths.bin - press enter

rerun the recovery CD

dottylotty 12:48 PM 19 Jun 11

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…