P6X58D-E Memory problem.

zeroxwolf9 00:23 AM 16 Jan 12

System. P6X58D-E Intel i7 970 G.Skill 2GBx6 CORSAIR 650W Power Supply

The problem is very time i start the computer it turns off. The monitor does not turn on. It does this twice. When i start the computer it turns on and stays on for about 8 seconds and turns off then it does this one more time. But on the the third time it actually boots in to windows.

I have 12GB of RAM but BIOS and Widows only detects 8GB CPU-Z detects all 12GB.Does not run at 1600MHz.

But when I Take out the ram and only fill first 2 DIMMs (black and Blue), computer starts normally without problems but still not at the right speed.

KRONOS the First 09:52 AM 16 Jan 12

Is this a self build?Is this your Mobo? Asus, if so did you check the memory support list. In my my self builds RAM compatibility has been a problem in the past.This sounds like a ram problem. What's the serial number of the RAM?

Without knowing a bit more about your RAM it is difficult to give further advice,if you are only installing 2 sticks of ram then in your mobo's case I would stick them in the slots 1 and 3 and see what your timings are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know