//some 3rd party need geo

P4S800D ASUS Motherboard

Woodie29 15:08 18 Mar 05

Having problems getting the motherboard to boot have plugged everything in according to the manual I think the problem is a dodgy connection as has booted on 1 occasion but then lost power - I think the dodgy connections are from the switch to the board - any probs?

Eric10 16:58 18 Mar 05

The power switch only gives a momentary connection while it is being pressed then the power supply should receive a 'power good' signal from the motherboard which keeps it running.

Have you tried disconnecting all periferals that aren't needed initially? Try booting with just the graphics card connected and 1 memory stick in the first blue slot. Disconnect hard drives, CD/DVD drives, floppy drive and especially any usb devices. You don't even need a keyboard or mouse initially. If it now starts to boot consistently, add things back in one by one starting with keyboard, then mouse, then floppy, then hard drive, etc. If it fails after an item is connected then you will know the cause.

My ASUS P5P800 failed to boot initially due to a USB card reader.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…