//some 3rd party need geo

P42.8 533Mhz or a Barton 2800xp?

shortcircuit 20:40 08 Aug 04

Hi all.

A friend had his pc stolen and his insurance company has given him a PC World voucher to replace it with. Bad news I know but what really makes it worse is that he wants me to build him one from scratch because it needs to be spec built for a yacht! The problem is that PC World have such a poor selection in their stores(usually bare wire baskets) that I'm left with the above choice for a processor.

So if you had the choise...what would you choose?
Thanks all.

woodchip 20:47 08 Aug 04

AMD64 click here

woodchip 20:52 08 Aug 04
  handy4x 21:02 08 Aug 04

pc world has on line store with much more choice

carver 21:14 08 Aug 04

Tell your friend to go back to his insurance company and tell them he doesn't want or need the voucher for PC World. They can't force him to accept a voucher, they can ask if this is acceptable to him but nothing more. If he wants the money to replace the laptop then he might have to accept a little less, say £50 but no more than that.

shortcircuit 21:25 08 Aug 04

Carver.

Totally agree. I told him this but he has all ready spent £300 of it on a monitor and keyboard! Prat I know.

TomJerry 22:00 08 Aug 04

For video and audio encording, Intel. For game and number cruching, AMD. This is on the assumption if price is the same.

But, I think P4 2.8 costs twice as and 2800. For performace/price score, AMD.

Epirb406 22:40 08 Aug 04

Pentium every time.

reasons if you want them

ps don't buy a computer for a yacht.

Cheers! Epirb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…