P4 Upgrade

hillybilly 22:43 25 Jul 03

I have a Shuttle AV41p motherboard with a Intel P4 Celeron 1.8Ghz. That works fine, on the M/b there are two jumpers and according to the manual and the markings on the board the are set to run the CPU at 100m. I have just tried to install a P4 Pentium 2.4Ghz with 533FSB and when I switch on nothing happens, ie. no post no graphics, nothing. should I reset those jumpers to run at 133m. I concerned that if I run it to fast, it will fry an it's too expensive for that! Any help please!

you will need to set the jumper for 133 (4x133=533) but read the manual first and make absolutely sure you know what you are doing, there may be other things to consider as well

hillybilly 23:48 25 Jul 03

horiz5, thanks for the reply. I've read the book inside out but it dosent make any referal between fsb's of 400 and 533 in comparison to to cpu clock settings of 100 and 133. I've decided to be brave and posibley foolish and give it a go at 133.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…