P4 & Thermal tape.

oxfo 19:02 22 Sep 04

Iam assembling my 3rd pc ,last 2 were amds that had quite thick thermal tape with a protective cover over them,which the instructions told you to remove.This time Iam using a Intel P4 for which the documentation shows a thin piece of 22mm square grey tape on the HSF with no mention of removing any cover.Does anyone know if this is ok to assemble as shown? I asked the tech lads @ Micro-direct & they werent to sure.

Grouse ® 19:36 22 Sep 04

No plastic film on P4 Heatsink, try not to touch the thermal paste " grey square of paste ". And try and put the heatsink on in one go, without much movement...............If you look at the bottom of the plastic case the fan was in, you will notice a recess so the paste does not get damaged, hence no film!

Dorsai 19:49 22 Sep 04

If you have problems, it is fairly cheap to by the thermal grease, click here sell it. click here item 90 as at time of posting.

Caså 20:04 22 Sep 04

My P4 had a square of soft metal maybe ally,with matt black dry finish.No paste.Works fine,temp about 39c.

Grouse ® 20:44 22 Sep 04

if you want, take your finger nail to a corner of the square thermal grease, that looks like plasticine, and it will come away quite easily. not a thermal tape as an AMD...........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…