P3 Socket 1 + Socket 370

wossie 21:24 28 May 05

I have some Pentium 3 MoBo's which will take socket 370 and slot one CPU's, there are slot one processors fitted and working. Can I remove the slot one and fit socket 370 celeron/P3 CPU's. Are they both enabled. I tried two soc 370 which I know are working and it would not boot. Thanks.

clayton 21:34 28 May 05

There might be jumpers on the motherboard to enable the socket 370 or an option in the bios.

wossie 01:33 29 May 05

Thanks for that option, one thing I didn't think of, but to find the motherboard details on the web is now the task. Thanks again, Wossie.

DieSse 11:40 29 May 05

Most of the latest version Celerons and P3s are "Coppermine" versions, which will not work on older socket 370 boards.

Also many of the "twin boards" have upper limits on the sped they will run at.

DieSse 11:41 29 May 05

Ir is it "Tualatin" versions ( should have looked it up firrst!!) - the outcome is the same, they won't work.

wossie 00:12 30 May 05

Righty,there appears to be more to this than just changing the processor for a soc 370. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…