P2P networks

Bucksboy 16:24 03 Sep 04

For some unknown reason I can no longer download programs like Kazaa, morpheus or Gnuttella. I get through to download page, then when I press "download" message comes up "page not available".
I am running WindowsXP Pro, with Service Pack 2 downloaded from Windows Update.
Can anyone help with this problem, please.
bucksboy

CurlyWhirly 17:27 03 Sep 04

Sorry I can't help you but I would just like to say that I no longer use P2P networks as it is possible to accidentally download spyware, trojans and viruses.
I stopped using it around 6 months ago when I had to use my Drive Image 7 backup as P2P completely messed up my internet connection and whatever I tried I couldn't get online again.
Even though I can't help you this will put you to the top of the list.
CW

Sealer 21:50 03 Sep 04

CurlyWhirly is right have a look at this thread (nightmare) click here Special thanks go to GROKSTER

CurlyWhirly 22:06 03 Sep 04

Yes what a mess.
Like I said P2P completely messed up my PC's connection to the internet.
I tried everything like reinstalling AOL, reinstalling modem drivers, repairing AOL and even the XP system restore didn't work as when I tried to restore to a previous restore point I got an error!
Thank goodness I had made a back-up of my operating system or I would have had the hassle of re-installing XP again.
I think that somehow this malware altered or corrupted my registry as when I started programs I kept getting 'Illegal operation errors'!
CW

CurlyWhirly 22:08 03 Sep 04

If my reply above doesn't put people off using P2P I give up.
CW

VoG II 22:20 03 Sep 04

What are you planning to use this P2P network for, Bucksboy?

CurlyWhirly 22:34 03 Sep 04

In place of using P2P networks I now buy my CD's, DVD's and PC games from click here as internet sites are MUCH cheaper than the high street shops and postage & packing is FREE.
CW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced