P2P Networking. Can I get rid of the pop up.

Chippo 21:06 09 Oct 03

Keeps coming up every few minutes, Says P2P networking. Cant find server.What is it and can I stop it popping up all the time.

Thanks

Mike 21:28 09 Oct 03

Have you got a file sharing program running, maybe in the systen tray?

Chippo 21:34 09 Oct 03

Got kazaa going .

muppetmark 22:16 09 Oct 03

Thre's the problem, and plenty of future problems too :o(

Jester2K II 22:19 09 Oct 03

Kazaa - remember this site with that installed. You'll need us - Oh you already do!!!

Seriously though Kazaa is causing the problem.

VoG II 22:23 09 Oct 03
  MFL 09:37 10 Jan 04

I have a similar problem. Am running Windows XP, my daughter uses Kazza so I dont want to uninstall it. However P2P networking regularly demands a connection to the internet. Closing or minimizing the pop up or selecting 'work off line' only gets rid of it for a few seconds. I have unchecked P2P networking in the start-up menu (where it appears twice). But the problem reappears after a day or two. Any ideas.

PS what does Muppetmark mean about other problems too!

Jester2K 09:55 10 Jan 04

Kazza is an excellent tool for getting viruses and adware on your PC.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:27 10 Jan 04

Using Kazaa you will give ANY programme access to your computer. When you agree to download a file that you have not examined. Kazaa is also invasive and will dump 'spyware' and all sorts of goo on a computer. There really is no way round most Kazaa problems and an AV will be of little use especially fir trojans. Oh, and it is illegal to download copyright material but I am sure that you would have told your daughter this. For this reason alone you will find that people that have had their computers wrecked by Kazaa tend to get little or no help here. ;-))

G

pl 12:38 10 Jan 04

I find Win MX is better

willhay 18:47 01 Feb 04

I have used Kazaa with no problems at all, is all this scare mongering about the program just a way to stop people installing it. By the way I dont use it anymore as I dont want to rip off talented musicians, now as for ripping of karaoke singers (westlife, boyzone, pop idols etc.) thats open for debate, but not here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…