P2P and bittorent advise please

charlton200 21:04 01 Jun 08

Hello,
Unknown to me my wifes joined this site
psp blender click here
and I am not to happy about it, it is a P2P bittorrent site for downloading psp games.
I have heard a bit of P2P and i have not heard good things with people have access to your computer etc.

she paid By credit card for this membership.

Is this site legal, is P2P legal or should I be worried.
I have googled this site and have mixed reaction.

Any advise would help.
many thanks.

Technotiger 21:08 01 Jun 08

click here

My personal view on the matter of P2P, bit torrent etc, is to stay well away!

MAT ALAN 21:09 01 Jun 08

The purchase of a membership, however, is not a license to upload or download copyrighted material.
We urge you to respect copyright and share responsibly.

this piece of text is taken from the very bottom of the page, so it does sort of restrict what you can download (quite a lot really)..

charlton200 21:21 01 Jun 08

I am not happy with it at all.
For a start have they got access to my computer.
Is it legal.
Is it riddled with viruses.
Was it safe giving her credit card to this site.
She wants to keep it and I don't want it.

MAT ALAN 21:34 01 Jun 08

click here

to avoid any sort of domestic issues here you are going to have to discuss your options rationally.
Other than that, your questions are answered in the link,good luck...

wolfie3000 21:46 01 Jun 08

Ok well is it legal, the short answer is a big fat NO!

Downloading full PSP games to your PSP is illegal,
As for the viruses well im not sure, but best to be safe than sorry.

Giving them your credit card details i feel was a bad move, there website and activities with the torrents are illegal so i guess they wouldn't have any problems with using your details for other illegal activities.

My advice would be to just go out and buy the games in a shop, least you get the UMD disk and no worries about having pirated games in the home.

JOin the official PSP community as they often offer free games to registered members which are legal,

click here

Plus they offer a whole host of other freebies for your PSP.

Jak_1 21:55 01 Jun 08

p2p is legal, downloading of copyright material isn't! With p2p, you have a shared folder, people only have access to that folder and not your entire hard drive. As for viruses, it is one of the quickest ways of getting them!

steve stifler 21:57 01 Jun 08

agree wholeheartedly with wolfie

charlton200 22:28 01 Jun 08

Thanks for your views. I have show your replies to my wife, I am a bit concerned about her giving her debit card detail to them. The software i can install.

many thanks

AL47 01:40 02 Jun 08

youve gotta have your wits about you if you use p2ps, a good [live] virus scanner, and sense!

giving those credit card details, bad move, as its unnecessary, easy way for them to get money

charlton200 13:38 02 Jun 08

I have been searching for info on what my wife paid and through who and it appears she paid through clickbank, any one ever heard of them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…