P2P

dlguk 22:16 24 Feb 05

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a good P2P.
thank you.

Dave

dogbreath1 22:55 24 Feb 05

Do not mention p2p on this forum, you will sink without trace!!

EdFrench 23:02 24 Feb 05

alcaholics anonymous?

Salinger 23:04 24 Feb 05

The usual crew will point you, shortly!

pharte 23:16 24 Feb 05
  ICF 06:30 25 Feb 05

dogbreath1 said:- Do not mention p2p on this forum, you will sink without trace!!

P2P program are not illegal it what people do with them that breaks the law.

dlguk 09:50 25 Feb 05

OOPS!!!! :-) Hint taken, although I did want a subcription one.

dogbreath1 10:06 25 Feb 05

I have stated on numerous occasions on this Forum my liking for Limewire and have posted to quite a few p2p threads. In truth it is a touchy subject and is probably best avoided. However, as ICF says, it's the use of such programmes that is potentially illegal and therefore I am mystified at how vociferous the anti-p2p lobby can be on this and other forums. There are other issues which are more black and white, such as posting threads regarding the acquisition of pirated software and activation keys. Clearly, any responsible forum can not allow such discussions on their boards. So it was with this in mind that my post was couched in somewhat ironic terms and was not meant to be taken too seriously.

Yoda Knight 10:18 25 Feb 05

limewire, emule, shareaza, kazaa, DC++, WinMX, etc etc.

Google "p2p"

dogbreath1 10:25 25 Feb 05

Just a word of warning. A number of p2p packages come bungled with malware. Kazaa's a prime suspect. Bearshare, Limewire and Soulseek I believe to be clean.

mark2 13:53 25 Feb 05

click here
limewire comes with adware/spyware too click here
click here
Win mx and shareza used to be clean of spyware and adware, no guarantee of not downloading any virus or trojans though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…