P2P

JAMSARNNIE 23:30 05 Feb 04

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF PLUSNET SUPPORTS P2P, i HAVE BEEN TO THEIR WEBSITE AND COULD FIND NO MENTION OF P2P, i WILL BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP OR SUGESTION ON THIS MATTER.
R.COUSINS

smegs 23:35 05 Feb 04

Don't ask stupid things like that on here!!

The Nuclear Boy Scout 00:42 06 Feb 04

P2P is not a subject you rise on PCA unless you're looking for a lynching - very brave of you!

I'm sure PlusNet will not support P2P, since it hogs bandwidth and keeps users on their sockets for days instead of hours. However, I'm sure they're not actively pursuing the individuals who P2P using their service, so I wouldn't be too worried about it - you'll get a warning by e-mail from them if you are abusing their service and they notice.

Djohn 00:48 06 Feb 04

You only have to look at the Plusnet website to see they they do allow P2P on their £21.00 service but not on the cheaper packages. P2P is legal, it's just the use it is sometimes put to that isn't. j.

soy 00:55 06 Feb 04

The cheaper 'ADSL Home surf' £18.99 package doesn't support P2P. All other packages do.

The Nuclear Boy Scout 01:00 06 Feb 04

I think it's a joke that ISP's support illegal activity - for a price. If anything happens though, like the user gets sued by the RIAA, then they'll state that it was nothing to do with them.

Illegal P2P activity will never be reduced until ISP's have some responsibility. When that happens - it will be so funny...it will be high noon at the OK Coral!

JJCUK 01:29 06 Feb 04

I think it's a joke that ISP's support illegal activity - for a price

Thats like saying Ford motor cars support illegal activity by allowing drunk drivers to use their cars.

The responsibility stops with the individual.

smegs 01:37 06 Feb 04

JJCUK, sorry but your talking rubbish. Ford motor Co, don't know what happens to the car when you have bought it. But ISP's are charging for the P2P, so they KNOW it's going on. Dit differant.

Megatyte 01:51 06 Feb 04

ISP's are not charging for P2P. Their price structure represents bandwidth. P2P is just one application that uses high bandwidth, so the cheaper packages don't support it.

AH

smegs 02:05 06 Feb 04

Megatyte, I'm not argueing with you on this one as I don't know. If one has downloaded a P2P package, how can the ISP's stop that?

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:10 06 Feb 04

P2P is NOT illegal. There are plenty of music sites that allow free downloads and even more that allow pay as you listen downloads. The ONLY thing that is illegal is download copyrighted music, images that have not been paid for. JJCUK was actually typing a lot of sense.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…