p2p

denis93c 23:02 10 Nov 03

what is the best p2p website?
i know these things are illegal ,but we are not all rich.
i hate people who sell pirate cd`s,so i suppose i am a hyprocript by even asking this question.

VoG II 23:05 10 Nov 03

A really bad idea. Apart from whether it's legal or not - you are likely to become infested with viruses, malware, spyware, you name it.

denis93c 23:08 10 Nov 03

what is malware?

VoG II 23:17 10 Nov 03

click here

Denis, my cyber friend, don't do it. I know what can happen believe me.

Diodorus Siculus 23:18 10 Nov 03

Malware: click here

Short for malicious software. Software designed specifically to damage or disrupt a system, such as a virus or a Trojan horse

plsndrs3 23:27 10 Nov 03

This REALLY is a bad idea. On top of the malware and virus issue, there is the possibility that your downloads are monitored for potential future court action - then there are the facts that the music industry has caught on to the copyright issue and, I am informed, deliberately set up files with music titles which once downloaded render the whole downloaded file useless as well as files delibertely being named as something that they are not.

So the potential here is to download a file, infest your PC, possibly go to court and then find out the file is not what you thought it would be - if it works at all!

[And I think that is the first ever time I have seen VOG refer to someone as a 'cyber friend'. Maybe he is mellowing with age, but his comments should not be taken lightly denis93c]

Regards,

Paul

jonnytub 23:30 10 Nov 03

although im on a public forum i will recommend kazaa lite coupled with zonealarm and norton antivirus 2003 (run norton each time you finish downloading). Speaking from experience never ever ever ever ever ever, not run a virus check after downloads, if you do you will be fine because you can quarintine and delete dodgy files. Otherwise enjoy the free music and remember that every album you buy has a 400% mark up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonnytub 23:33 10 Nov 03

court room action is an over reaction. The courts are only prosecuting those who download for distribution and download reguarly i.e. 2 hours of broadband download bandwidth per day, stay below this and your fine, don't believe me
??????? check the official law out

Salinger 23:40 10 Nov 03

Do as you please, then come back and ask for help to get rid of all the nasties. there's always someone who knows

rev.bem 23:51 10 Nov 03

As VoG says

But if you insist one or two here

click here

jonnytub 23:59 10 Nov 03

means exactly that, i've been using kazaa lite for nearly 16 months and only ever downloaded 2 viruses. norton recognised both and squashed em both before they had a chance to initialise. recommend updated antivirus software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…