p2esock_1012.dll - Virus

silliw 20:14 25 Jun 04

An AVG search of one of my home network machines reported a virus in windows\system32\p2esoccks_1012.dll. AVG was not able to heal or secure the virus in its vault. Has anyone any knowledge of what this file is and what prog it supports and how should I deal wiith the virus.

cheers in advance

VoG II 20:16 25 Jun 04

Did AVG give a name for the virus?

the pie eater 21:03 25 Jun 04

It is a dial up for the sex lines spybot will get rid of it for you as it did mine do you have the logo on the desk top ? the letter e i think

the pie eater 21:45 25 Jun 04

Have you had a icon on your desktop? and the letter E in your start tray if so it is an addware for a sex line dialer spybot or ad-aware will move it from your system

silliw 20:07 26 Jun 04

Sorry for the delay in responding. AVG has indeed removed the trojan in a file named P2E.com but is unable to heal the trojan P2E.D in P2Esocks_1012.dll. have run spotbot search and destroy and then re-ran AVG but the trojan has still not been healed or vaulted.???????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…