Own email address

DAKAR 17:41 28 Aug 10

Hi all
My wife is concerned with the email messages she is getting from her own email address on her computer Hope this makes sense, she is having to delete these without opening them and wondered how this happens
Any Ideas how to stop these
Regards
Dakar

Woolwell 17:45 28 Aug 10

They are almost certainly spam generated with spoof headings (ie from someone else using the address as cover). There is not a lot you can do about it except change e-mail address. If hotmail change password asap. The other thing to do is check for malware as it is possible that it is malware creating these.

Graphicool1 18:11 28 Aug 10

You or your wife have only 3 choices. The most drastic is to change your email. I say most drastic because you could be forever changing your email!

Two enter your own email address in a spam blocker.

Or three, redirect them straight to the 'Deleted Items' box. Which is what I do. I've been getting these for a few years now.

I'm afraid that this is the price you/I pay for shopping on line.

Graphicool1 18:13 28 Aug 10

...and/or registering for programmes.

DAKAR 18:41 28 Aug 10

Thanks Graphicool
Suggestion taken on board will go with what you do
Thanks for your help Woolwell much appreciated
Kindest Regards
Dakar and wife

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…