Own CD's as a background sounds on a laptop

Enoch 13:45 06 Sep 06

I am attempting to put certain tracks from my CD collection onto my laptop PC. I am running XPHome. I do not want to have the actual music CD's with me whilst travelling. Do I have to purchase any specific software to do this? All I want to do is to have my own music as a background whilst I am working on my PC. Is there a programme within XPHome to do this and if so, were and how do I use it please

johnnyrocker 13:50 06 Sep 06

windows media player or any other of the many players available.

johnny.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:01 06 Sep 06
  Enoch 14:41 06 Sep 06

Thanks guys, so far so good and to a point, it makes sense. However, I keep having a programme titled "MusicMatch" jumping in when running Window Media Player. Is MusicMatch part of Windows Media Player or is it something I have downloaded in my dim and distant history and if so, should I uninstal MusicMatch before proceeding with the ripping.

keef66 15:12 06 Sep 06

Musicmatch I think came with either a Sony Minidisc or a Philips MP3 player. If you don't need it, then uninstall it. Otherwise just make sure it isn't set as the default player.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:17 06 Sep 06

Personally I prefer musicmatch to media player.
Its another player/ music organiser you can rip with either.

as keef66 says just set one or the other as the default player.

Enoch 17:18 06 Sep 06

I cannot see how to make one or the other the default player. I would prefer Window Media Player. Please advise. Currently, Music Match always appears when I am trying to use Windows Media player

keef66 17:39 06 Sep 06

open up Media player and click on Tools / Options / File types, and tick the boxes for the types of files you want MP to be the default player for.

You could conceivably have to open up Musicmatch too and untick some boxes

Enoch 19:09 09 Sep 06

Thank you all, I am using MusicMatch successfully and all is working well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac