overuse of internet

raymond leslie-295325 14:09 26 Sep 03

Question : is it feasible that the preponderance of broadband users nowadays are making connection more difficult ie slower, for modem users like me, because they're taking up all the "airspace" ?

MjM Hellfire 14:24 26 Sep 03

It's like saying the roads are getting busy because there are more cars on it nowadays. The simple fact that there are more internet users than ever before means that servers have to cope with more users, thus slowing down your connection to the server.

If you are suffering a slow connection however, I would get a utility called SPYBOT...I ran it on my machine and found registry entries that re-routed my Google search engine via another search programme...once I removed them my system was flying. It maybe worth a try.

I think however that ISP's are definately trying to push dial-up users into a corner and thus the services are getting less attention than the broadband users.

Do you have cable access in your area?

wee eddie 22:47 26 Sep 03

When my Dial-up ISP removes all the so called "Content" from it's site, so that it does not take a week to load.

I usually go strait through it anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…