overtaken by a strange website

cfcnick 20:04 26 May 03

My problem is similar to davidh. whenever I start up IE, a website called wabu.com overrides my homepage and acts as a 'passthrough' leaving a big toolbar at the bottom of the screen and a smaller one at the top. It then goes to my homepage but wabu.com is always open unless I close it down, but it then comes back next time I open IE. I have been into options and changed my homepage but no matter what I change it to, wabu.com always opens first. Please help

many thanks

Morsmordre 20:08 26 May 03

Google for AdAware 6. I had a similar problem with 'LOP' but it got it. It has a free demo version.

VoG™ 20:09 26 May 03

Try Spybot click here

leo49 20:10 26 May 03

This is one of the lop.com variants.According to Spyware info,SpybotS&D will clear it for you.

click here

wee eddie 20:37 26 May 03

That you have recently downloaded something "FREE" and this is the price.

You may have to have a good look at it, note the names of it's files and remove all it's component parts.

cfcnick 21:16 26 May 03

Thanks for that, problem sorted by Spybot. As usual this help site comes up trumps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…