Oversized DVD files.

pinnicat 21:54 21 Apr 05

Firstly: does the size of blank DVD discs stop at 4.7.G.B...?
Problem is, THe totally legal homemade DVD,s I am trying to copy are oversized for the standard blank disc...I have copied them onto my hard disc .is there anyway to break them down to put them onto two discs.?
Xp Sp2. Using Sonic Record now.
Thanks.

stalion 21:56 21 Apr 05
  Colinp 22:27 21 Apr 05

I thought you could get dual layer DVD's at 7.something or other Gb?

pinnicat 22:35 21 Apr 05

That was my hope, rather than mess with additional software,( Thanks anyway Stalion) but I have checked out EBUYER and can see nothing of the srt there.....Any ideas?

stalion 22:42 21 Apr 05
  timeteam2004 22:45 21 Apr 05

click here Dual Layer Disc Here.

pinnicat 23:12 21 Apr 05

i think i will look at that software link again.

Chegs ® 23:13 21 Apr 05

Dual layer DVD's are 8.5Gb,but you need a writer that can use them.

If you follow the link provided by stalion,it takes you to a very neat free app to do exactly what you need,eg compress the DVD files to fit onto your discs(although it took me a while to discover howto)

The DVD files you created with Sonic Record,does it offer any sort of cfg's,to allow the end result (AUDIO_TS/VIDEO_TS) to be smaller,like this click here How long is the original DVD video(running time)Has it got any "extras" (trailers?)you could remove before conversion.

timeteam2004 23:45 21 Apr 05
  pinnicat 00:18 22 Apr 05

gonna persue some of these links particularly vobblanker as its the "extras" in my home movies that are taking it over the disc cap.
thanks so far.

pinnicat 06:51 04 May 05

DVD Shrink 3.2 has done the job, but not without a lot of experimentation, failings and heartbreak., Still..it has decrypted, shrunk and sent onto my writer, which has burnt successfully on many occassions now..Very happy bunny, these family camcorder movies are very imprtant to me.;)

Cheers all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…