oversize image problem

masonman1939 14:02 28 Aug 03

I download a picture from a site and it appears larger than my screen, I have to scroll to see it all. When I try to save it to any file, the resultant thumbnail only contains a portion of the original image. Automatic resizing is enabled but seems to be ineffective in assistng in a solution. I am trying to save a jpeg.
System is XP, 512MB memory.
Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Peverelli 14:08 28 Aug 03

What picture editing app are you using?

palinka 16:38 28 Aug 03

Is there a box somewhere on the toolbar at the top of the page that says something like "165%"?
If so, click on the arrow beside it to change to (say)50%, and the picture should now be a more reasonable size. Save it at the new size.

masonman1939 16:47 28 Aug 03

I think that a picture editor is irrelevant in this scenario. I am using IE6 to download and view the original image, and native windows to save the file

woodchip 16:50 28 Aug 03

You need to save to a folder then open in a photo program. save as jpg

masonman1939 17:04 28 Aug 03

Palinka,
I don't see anything on the IE toolbar about %.
I must be missing something?

masonman1939 17:06 28 Aug 03

Woodchip, Thanks but that's what I'm doing. Once saved in a folder the image is only a part of the original. I don't think that any photo program can reconsruct the original from just a part.

Mango Grummit 17:09 28 Aug 03

"I think that a picture editor is irrelevant in this scenario. I am using IE6 to download and view the original image, and native windows to save the file"

Well you see you could be wrong there depending on how you have your machine/apps/prgs set up.

Like you, I'm sure, I don't wish to be rude or curt but it may be a good idea to answer Peverelli's question .... or perhaps you know better?

masonman1939 17:22 28 Aug 03

Peverelli & Mango Grummit

Of course I don't wish to be rude, and I'm sorry if I have appeared curt. I'm not using a photo editing prog. This is just windows.

Pidder 18:18 28 Aug 03

How are you saving it? In 98SE I am able to right click on the picture and get the option to "save as".

masonman1939 20:47 28 Aug 03

Pidder,
Yes that's what I do. Smaller images save fine and produce a usable thumbnail. Larger images produce a thumbnail that is only a portion of the whole image, and, of course, it cannot be expanded to the original.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…