overlocking

volvic 00:17 06 Feb 05

what exactly is overlocking and its function how is it applied?

Peter 00:23 06 Feb 05

I thought overlocking was something you did with cloth and a sewing machine; would that be overclocking then?

Peter.

volvic 00:35 06 Feb 05

i meant in computers

Peter 00:42 06 Feb 05

Yes I realised that, but did you really mean overClocking?

If you did it means running components inside the computer, i.e. CPU or memory, at higher speeds than their usual rated setting, thereby making the machine run faster without have to buy a more expensive one. This can be a dangerous procedure and can damage your computer.

Peter.

LinuxPenguin 00:50 06 Feb 05

dont bother unless you have more money than sense...

goonerbill © ® 01:17 06 Feb 05

overclocking is a good idea if you know what can or cant be overclocked (its a way of getting something better without the need to spend), what the possible limitations are with the parts you wish to overclock (you are not going to be able to overclock an athlon/pentium4 2ghz to 3ghz and i must add that it is a quick way of destroying your pc if you do things wrong).

the best way to find out what is/isn't possible on overclocking is to look for a forum persific to you make of motherboard and start from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…