overlaping letters

markusm 22:02 29 Feb 04

on some websites the drop down menus or the buttons the letters overlap making it illegible and on some websites like the kelkoo site when u type in the window the letters overlap, it knows what uve typed ok but its frustrating, can anyone help please

hugh-265156 00:35 01 Mar 04

what browser,version of windows etc are you using please?what is your graphics card and driver version?

and what resolution is your monitor set at?

is it only with certain sites? it may just be their fault.

do you have java,shockwave,flash etc installed?some websites need this to display correctly.

may help.

Peter 01:04 01 Mar 04

This can happen if you have your display properties set to "Large Fonts".

Peter.

markusm 09:15 01 Mar 04

xp, aol 8, ati graphics card not sure about driver, i dont think it could be the websites, and ive not changed fonts untill lateley in case it was that, someone said about configuring with internet explorer?? not sure how to do that tho.another eg is yahoo home page the submit button has the letters overlaping the rest of the page is fine, and on amazon.COM all the pages are fine apart from the drop down menus thats the only affected part,
Thanks for help all.

hugh-265156 09:29 01 Mar 04

aol im not familiar with.

if you log on with aol and then minimize it and open internet explorer up you should be able to use this.

hugh-265156 09:35 01 Mar 04

found click here for aol5 my also apply to aol8.

any use?

markusm 09:35 01 Mar 04

ive tried that, the same websites do the same, i keep checking,on kelkoo.co.uk site its when i type in the bar the letters overlap so u cant read it. it works tho in that it recognises what u type and finds it,

hugh-265156 10:08 01 Mar 04

did you try internet explorer aswell?

markusm 10:18 01 Mar 04

yes ive looked thro int explorer aswell, ive got help from aol aswell but to no avail, perhaps ive deleted something by accident,but i dont really no enough about computers to delete things if i dont know exactly what its for,it was fine one day then the next it was like this,but the way its its going im sure its something to do with fonts thur advie ive got, on msn messenger the fonts played up but ive sorted that now, if u use messenger on the small page that shows ur contacts in brackets its saya (online) next to that on the left is a jumble of letters i cant make out.
Thanks for ur advice, appreciate it

hugh-265156 10:23 01 Mar 04

are you using xp or me?

try system restore to a date you knew all was well if its only started happening receintly.

also try start/run type "sfc /scannow" this will search for and replace any damaged or missisng system files.(you may be asked to insert your windows cdrom if you have one)

markusm 11:29 01 Mar 04

ive tried restoring it to a previous state but its the same,im on xp and i ve done the scannow but it didnt say anything was wrong,theres not a great deal on my comp and was thinking of using the backup and starting again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…