Overheating or hard drive problem

sype 09:16 27 Sep 05

I have an advent t9401 3.6ghz h.t. 1024mb ddr ram
running windows xp home fully updated. my problem is when i give the computer lots of things to do at once it crashes and i get a blue screen with lots of tecnobabble on it but it does say its dumping physical memory. if i try and restart it straigt away i get a disc read error press ctrl+alt+del to restart but this message just comes up again. if i let the system cool down for 30 mins it starts normally. i had a PSU failure back in july could the new one that was fitted be cause, as the problem wasnt there before it was fitted

Methedrine 09:21 27 Sep 05

What is the rating (in Watts) of the new PSU?

sype 09:48 27 Sep 05

hiper 350w super quiet atx psu

jack 10:13 27 Sep 05

what was the power of the original then?
but it colud be something alse entirely
go to click here home.com down load the analyiser and see what is what.

A good disk clean up defrag and scan]click here would not go a miss also

Methedrine 10:17 27 Sep 05

If the CPU is a Celeron D, they don't like too many things to do at once. I think that someone has pointed this out on this forum before.

sype 10:38 27 Sep 05

its a pentium 4 3.6 ghz with hyper threading so its no light weight.

Grantrh 14:27 27 Sep 05

I have had a similar problem after re installing XP recently. The fix that worked for me was to go into the BIOS settings by pressing the delete key during the POST (startup black screen) and changing the processor speed to a value slightly less than it was. (for me that meant from 200 to 166 mhz) and then everything seemed to be fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…